Thursday, October 14, 2021

Symphony of Shadows (Beach Scene)

 

As I’m working on a special commission, thought I’d post this oil painting I did, as the summer has winded down. (The thought just reminded me of a song “End of the Season” written by Ray Davies on the Something Else By The Kinks album.)
The painting titled “Symphony of Shadows” is 5ft x 6ft, oil on canvas. Depicts a hot sunny day on Myrtle Beach, SC, near Springmaid Pier, with two of my daughters under the beach umbrella reading. Spread around them are the typical beach items you’d have. Shadows are everywhere, sand impressions, the multiple objects, even included the moon (craters) and contrails (overlaps) for shadow references. (My favorite aspects of the piece are the bold washy brush strokes and exposed pencil lines from the initial drawing.)
It is available, DM for inquires.

No comments: