Saturday, July 31, 2021

Java Joe and Moe - Moment in the Sun


My brother and I watched the movie “Dream Horse” last night. Directed by Euros Lyn, and starring Toni Collette, based on a true story, it was very good. As I like horse movies I highly recommend it, and it prompted me to post an equine oil painting of mine from the past, “Java Joe and Moe - Moment in the Sun” 30x40”, private collection.

 

My daughter was a barrel racer when she was young (quite good) on that day she was working Java Joe. It was a hot, humid, sunny day and they stopped right in front of me for a breather (I was on the rail with camera.) I thought it was a great moment so took a quick pic to use for a painting.

 

By the way, “Dream Horse” is not a barrel racing movie, ha.

 

DM for commission inquires.

 

No comments: