Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Paintings for Private and Public Places

Sandhill Crane (Near Pike Lake, Warsaw, IN) oil on canvas, 4' x 4'. $2,800 (does not include shipping, contact me at youngtimothyw@gmail.com.)
One day I was out in our backyard marsh area (which butts up against Pike Lake) sketching and photo shooting wild life and what ever else might catch my eye. As I was looking around standing in a field of glistening marsh grasses, I turned to my right and froze, about 10 yards away was standing this Sandhill Crane, (had to do a double take to make sure what I was seeing.) The scene was so picturesque, as I slowly raised the camera, I was immediately thinking painting! The colors, marsh grasses glowing in spots, bending back and forth in the soft breeze, just presented a majestic composition of the Grus Canadensis.

No comments: