Sunday, February 14, 2021

Peugeot - Straight Away (SCX Slotcars)


 “Peugeot - Straight Away” #slotcars 18” x 24” oil on canvas, by me, Instagram @timothywyoung.
A slight change in subject matter here, though still using my direct brush, painterly style. This painting developed from the urging of my brother, who is a slot car connoisseur, formerly the North America Sales/Tech/Rep for SCX Slots Cars (a company based in Barcelona, Spain.) He is now owner of PROTINKERTOYS.COM out of Wayne, OH.
Visiting his tech workshop one day he asked me to paint a scene of two 1/32 slot cars racing on his track for an ad promotion. So I composed this particular scene of a Peugeot 908 Le Mans holding off the Audi R8 coming up from behind. One of my favorite parts of the painting is the sharpness of the back fin and side mirror of the Peugeot, and the Audi’s blurred image. You can just image what the Peugeot driver is thinking, as he sees the Audi coming up from behind. Slot car racing at its finest.
The painting is in a private collection, but since his son Ryan came on board as CEO of Operations, 11” x 14” giclee prints are now available for slot car enthusiasts at PROTINKERTOYS.COM. Updates on slot car news can be seen on their Instagram @protinkertoys. It's a crazy group!
(And yes, I do #commissions. DM or email me youngtimothyw@gmail.com for info.)

No comments: