Monday, September 14, 2015

Suzan's Hawaii

Suzan's Hawaii, oil on canvas, 48" x 48"
(For sale: $2,800, contact me at youngtimothyw@gmail.com)
Solo exhibit "New Paintings" at The Robert E. Wilson Art Gallery, Merillat Centre for the Arts, Huntington University, Huntington, Indiana. September 10 - October 16. Artist Reception, Friday, September 18th, 6:00pm-7:30pm. All works for sale.
My youngest daughter went on a trip with her friend’s family to Hawaii. One day she shot this pic with a cell phone. The minute I saw the image I thought painting. Color tones throughout subtly separate the sky, clouds, mountain, and Island, all creating a very picturesque setting. But what I saw were these little individual expressive moments that I would actually call movements.

Available for commissions and site-specific projects. Contact me. 

No comments: