Monday, July 13, 2015

Straight Away (SCX Slot Cars)

Straight Away (SCX Slot Cars) oil on canvas, 18" x 24"
Sold

An update due to recent inquiries: For slot car enthusiasts - I am reviewing commissions and site-specific painting projects for the office, lobby, game room, etc. This particular painting developed from the urging of my brother who is the North America Sales/Tech Rep for SCX Slot Cars (a company based in Barcelona, Spain.) Visiting his Tech Workshop one day he gave me a few cars to create a scene of two digital slot cars racing on his track. So I composed this particular scene of a Peugeot 908 Le Mans holding off the Audi R8 digital car coming up from behind. (Yes, I can use other brands of cars in a composition, Carrera, Scalextic, Aurora AFX, and Ninco, etc.) I use various compositional approaches, from montage to single image, in a brushy painterly manner. Sign up to follow me by email or contact me youngtimothyw@gmail.com for sizes and pricing.

No comments: