Friday, January 22, 2016

Mount Moran at Oxbow Bend, Grand teton National Park

Mount Moran, oil on canvas, 30" x 40", commission
I thought I'd post another commission piece that is in process.
This painting is for the Great Lakes Trading Company office (a futures industry business.) My client (the owner) wanted a painting for the office of a photo he had taken, while vacationing with his family, of Mount Moran at Oxbow Bend, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.
[A side note. The photo he took (my source) enables me to be a little more open to interpretation with my brush and color handling. Somewhat inspired by Richard Wilson (1713-1782) "The Valley of Mawddach, With Cader Idris Beyond" (on view at the Cleveland Museum of Art.)]
If you're interested in a commission and/or have questions, please email me at youngtimothyw@gmail.com

No comments: