Thursday, September 27, 2007

Open Window - Badlands National Park

Open Window, watercolor, 2 1/2 x 3", mat 8 x 10"

I was selected last year as Artist in Residence to interpret the Badlands National Park, SD in a contemporary style through drawings and paintings. These small plein air watercolor paintings exhibit my use of the lyrical line and selected hues interpreting the aging fluid forms of the Badlands National Park – a colorful banded landscape of buttes, canyons, towers and other wondrous natural forms.
The paintings are quite small and yet visually portray a vast and open space that I encountered. This scene was located off Old Northeast Road looking West. It was a very clear day, with a warm breeze moving across the dry grass (I can still hear the prairie grass and crunch under foot of the gravel.)

contact me for purchase.

No comments: